Hello! Welcome to the monthly update. During March, our work was supported by Zendesk, DigitalOcean, Stitch Fix, and many others.
ruby together news
In March, Ruby Together was supported by 40 different companies, including Ruby member Zendesk. We were also supported by 111 developer members. Thanks to all of our members for making everything that we do possible. <3
rubygems & bundler news
In March, we released 4 new versions of RubyGems (from 3.2.12 to 3.2.15) and Bundler (from 2.2.12 to 2.2.15). Additionally, we worked on making the client tools more secure, and making Git sources faster and more disk efficient.
For this month, RubyGems gained 150 new commits, contributed by 10 authors. There were 2124 additions and 753 deletions across 107 files.
This month in RubyGems.org, we enabled Rails 6.0 defaults and deployed an update to Rails 6.1.3.
In addition, RubyGems.org saw various bug fixes and other work this month, including:
- fixed upload of test coverage report to code climate. - #2673
- made users’ emails private by default and updated existing accounts to hide emails. - #2663
- added text-only versions of emails to support more email clients. - #2652
- upgraded ES instance type and storage, and added a strict rate limit on the Search API endpoint. - #2665
- updated nginx to latest mainline to fix
cache file .. has too long headerissue that landed in
v1.19.3. - #2660
- replied to support tickets on Zendesk and Tenderapp
For this month, RubyGems.org gained 60 new commits, contributed by 8 authors. There were 546 additions and 515 deletions across 48 files.
budget & expenses
In March, we saw $8,842.52 in total income, and spent a total of $27,189.93.
- Stripe Payment Processing Fees $325.31
- Employee Related $1,950.50
- General & Administrative $821.12
- IT & Software $1,355.50
- 151.6 Hours of development work at $22,737.50
Until next time,
Irene, André and the Ruby Together team